Candle Care

Wooden wicks can be a bit finicky. We still love them enough to keep using them in our products, even though every now and then a candle may just refuse to cooperate. We want you to know that we offer full refunds or exchanges on any candle that won’t behave.

 

Here are a few tips so that we can help ensure your candle burns the way it’s meant to!

  • The first time you burn your candle, allow about 4 hours burn time so that the melt pool gets close to OR reaches the outside of the glass. If it doesn’t quite reach the edge, that’s okay. Burning your candle for a minimum of 4 hours at a time will allow the wax levels to correct themselves.

  • If your wick goes out after you light it, don’t be alarmed! Simply knock the ash off of the wick and relight it. This is normal. If ash falls into your melted wax, you can lightly dip a paper towel into it and it will collect the ash.

  • Remember to remove the ash from the wick every time you light your candle again. This is very important! We find that you can just pull it off with your fingers, but nail clippers work as well. The wick should be about 1/8 of an inch each time you light it. 

  • If your candle won’t stay lit because the wax is drowning the flame, another dip of a paper towel will soak up some of the excess wax and allow your candle to burn.
  • It is normal for the flame to be very small, almost faint on a wooden wick. This means that your candle will last longer, as opposed to a larger flame, which will quickly burn up the wax.

 

And there you have it, now you’re a certified wooden wicked candle expert!

 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns, we will work hard to make sure you’re happy with your purchase – indicocandles@gmail.com

Love,

Whitney & Tory